Sunday, August 9, 2015

Step One.... Pray, Pray and Pray Again...

  Inspiration and motivations can come from the strangest of places.  For my final few days of my vacation, I have been relaxing watching episodes of the Food Channel's, "The Great Food Truck Race".  I don't know what it is exactly, but I'm thinking it's watching people put everything on the line and give their all towards their dream, that has really helped to encourage me, to get out there and do the same.
  For the last 9 months or so I've done quite a bit of talking with my friends about a ministry idea that God placed on my heart back when I was in Bible College.  During that time of my life, when I mentioned the idea to my former pastors, I was told the idea wouldn't work in Connecticut and that I personally couldn't do it.  To be honest, that broke my heart and I gave up on the idea pretty immediately, burying it so deep inside of me that I almost completely forgot about it.  Then towards the end of last year, after God had spent a whole year working through all the junk and lies piled up on top of it, God brought that dream back to the surface.  I haven't been able to let it go since.
  To be honest, not all of my friends have been excited about the idea.  Some people feel like it's already been done, others knowing my perfectionist attitude (aka my everything has to go perfect or I can't be happy attitude), agree with that old pastor of mine, thinking that I might not be the person to pull this off.  But there are plenty of other people in my corner and, more importantly than that, it feels like over and over again, God is confirming to me that this is from Him and now is the time to step out in it.
  So today I sat down and I prayed and then I wrote out exactly what my vision is, what my goals are, and what I hope this ministry accomplishes.  I set time lines and broke things down into simple steps.  I basically made a game plan....albeit quite the rough draft kind...and for the first time in over 13 years, I finally feel like this is actually a  REAL possibility (CRAZY!).
  I also know, that anything that is of God...needs to follow His leading and constantly be laid at His feet.  I am not building my own kingdom here, this is about bringing Him glory!  Plus, nothing is ever going to happen unless He places His blessing upon this!  So first and foremost, I'm starting in the most humble position I can get....on my knees!  For the next several months, as I research and build up this idea, I will also be spending plenty of time covering it all in prayer.  I don't want to do anything outside of God's will, and I need plenty of wisdom in all of this, so I'm asking all of you...my faithful readers and supporters... to join me in prayer!  Pray that God gives me wisdom, insight, connections, open doors, blessings and favor...and that above all, His kingdom will come and His will, will be done, in my life through this...Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment