Sunday, August 16, 2015

Some Personal Inventory....

  This has been a pretty, shall we say, interesting year.  In particular the past few months have been...well... pretty darn hard.  But, the other day, I began to see a light at the end of the tunnel again!  I was sitting with my teammates during our team worship time and basically lamenting my true feelings about all that's gone down these past few months to God, and it's like God was right there next to me responding in the most reassuring kind of way that "What the enemy meant for evil, He will use for good"!  There's so much comfort in that!
  To be brutally honest, the last few months I have felt like I was being broken down...little by little...every single day.  Then I planned to receive all sorts of refreshing and built-back-up-ness from my friends when they came to work with my team, but ended that week not feeling stronger, just worse about myself.  During my vacation I spent a lot of time journaling and asking God "WHY?" about so many things.  Yet it felt like no answers were in sight.
  Yet, today I can sit here and say, even though I still don't know the answers to my questions, I do know that it's only in being broken that you can be built back up, stronger than before.  It's only when everything is stripped away that you realize what you really need to begin with.  And it's when you hit rock bottom that you discover there's no depth you can reach where God cannot and will not find you!
  I guess in a way I feel freer....I feel like the enemy took his best shot and tried to knock me out, but God picked me back up and is dusting me off so that we can continue on this journey together.  I guess if anything I've learned the past few months it's that God really is that friend that sticks closer than a brother and that there's no better friend/father/lord to have!  So even though it's been hard, I'm still so blessed!  His love truly never fails, never gives up and never runs dry!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment