Monday, February 2, 2015

There's No Where Else That I'd Rather Be...

  The past few days I have been the worlds laziest bum!  Sunday morning I woke up feeling so rundown I wasn't even sure I would have the energy to walk from my bed to the bathroom down the hall.  So I ended up taking a mental health day and relaxing in bed while listening to Jason Upton and a sermon. It was exactly what I needed....to just sit, listen and soak in God.
  I feel like God's been teaching me so much lately.  It's like the more time I take to really sit at His feet, the more I feel like I am learning His heart!  I'd like to say that it's all sinking in and that I understand Him and myself so much better now....but let's be real.....I'm thick headed and sometimes a little hard hearted and I live in a world that's constantly trying to pull me in a million different directions. And so every time I think I've got it all figured out, I find myself running back to the feet of my Father asking Him to explain it all over again to me one more time!
  The thing is, I use to think that God would be mad at me for this.  That like a parent whose finally come to the point of exasperation because their child has asked them for the nineteenth-hundred time, "But Why?", I always had this fear that at some point God would just turn to me in annoyance and ask me to shut up already!  But He doesn't do that...that's not His heart...and I'm so grateful I am learning that!
  I'm also learning that when Jesus tells us to come to Him and cast our cares on Him because He cares about us, He really means it!  The yoke of Christ really is easy and His burden truly is light!  That doesn't mean that life is all of a sudden easy and things start to go exactly how you want them to all the time....in fact the opposite might even be true....but, I guess the more I'm leaning into Him the more I am realizing that my only job in the world is to love Him and follow His lead.  Of course there's so much to unpack in that statement, but there's also the freedom in knowing how unbelievably loved by Christ we are, that makes all the other "stuff" involved in following Him so much easier!
  Originally, as I started writing this post I planned to share all those things that God is showing me....but I've changed my mind  I guess in a way I feel like their me and God's little secret....something special that unites just the two of us together!  Plus, I think it's much better I learn to walk those lessons out and that you see the fruit of them in my life, than for me to claim something that has no baring on how I live.
  So for now I leave you with this piece of encouragement.....PRESS into God!  Seek HIM!  Give yourself Fully to Him and see if He will not throw open the flood gates of Heaven and reveal to you so much about Himself and this World, that you won't know what to do with it all!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment