Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Good Day...

  So this afternoon I went out to hang out with some friends.  I wanted to mail some letters and I knew I would run into one friend there and then my other friend works in the center of town so I always know where to find her!  I love that I can just "hang out" with "friends" here!  It so awesome to know I have "people" here and not just people I minister to but people who also minister to me!
  I was reminded of that today when I was hanging out with one of the friends mentioned above.  I must have talk with her for about an hour and it was so nice to listen to her beautiful heart!  I was so encouraged by her spirit and desire to see people reached and changed by the gospel!  She's such a history maker and it's so cool to see her stepping up and stepping out in Christ!
  I think sometimes it's easy to be on the field and feel like you are there only to "give", but the truth is, all of life, whether your at home or 3000 miles away, is made up of a bunch of give and takes.  Today I got to take away encouragement and friendship and the realization that the gospel will go forth long after we are gone!  I'm so comforted by all of this!  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment