Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What These Past Three Weeks Have Taught Me...

  I am so blessed...sometimes I forget that so please feel free to remind me in the future. The last few weeks have only served to remind me of this fact. I have friends....amazing, supportive friends...who are honest and real, loving and forgiving, encouraging and challenging, and so much more. They listen to me when I am freaking out in fear or dreaming beyond big. They remind me who I am when I start to forget and keep me growing and staying strong on this road of faith. And they allow me to see them for who they really are, opening themselves up to me, and allow me to be there for them in good times and bad.
 Then I have this church family....people who represent God in so many different ways that it reminds me that God is so much greater and complex then I ever could think. Brother and Sisters in Christ who seek God and see things about Him that I often miss and who teach me and help me to never give up in seeking Him and help me grow in faith. They are so generous...so unbelievably generous...and bless me more than I could ever say!
  And then there is my family.  My parents and sisters and nieces and nephews and aunts and uncles and cousins....all of them, so important and precious to me! We are a crazy bunch...with ups and downs, laughs and tears, good times and bad...but I love them and I know they love me! Like any family we annoy each other and get on each other's nerves at times, but I would go to the death for any of them! I just love them...1000 fold!
  I am so glad I got the opportunity to come home and celebrate This holiday season with all these precious ones! I wouldn't trade any of it for anything, because coming home refreshes me in a way nothing else ever could!  I wish I could pack them all up in my suitcases to take them back to Saraguro with me...and I guess in a sense I can, since they all make up pieces of my heart...but it's not exactly the same and thus I am gonna miss them all!
  So for all of you reading this who fall into any of the categories above....Thank you! Thank you for being so loving and caring and supportive! Thank you for welcoming me into your life and taking the time to invest in mine! And Thank you for taking the time to listen to me and for allowing me  to spend time with you over these past three weeks.  As I said above....I am so blessed...and you all are a part of the reason why! So Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment