Tuesday, September 1, 2015

No Firmer Foundation...

  It's September 1st!  A new Month, yeay!!!  Which also brings me to a new "stage", if you will, in my ministry here in Ecuador!  For the next month I will be traveling back and forth, spending a few days in Saraguro and a few days in Cuenca...but ministering in both places!  And I am so ready and  excited for this change!!!
  I feel like this has been a very challenging year and I've been beaten up and beaten down to the point that I've wanted to give up multiple times...and yet I've held on and persevered and now God is releasing me into something more "refreshing" (for lack of a better word)!  It's like I've lived in the desert for most of this year....learning and growing, but definitely still feeling like I was drying up... and God has not only led me to an oasis, but He's also shown me where exactly the source is!  I feel like all those truths about God and His faithfulness that I have held unto all year (even when it's been oh so hard) are becoming clear once again!  And all I can do is rejoice!
  There's something about the dark places...about the valleys in life... that show you not only how strong you really are, but also exactly how strong our God is!  For so much of my life God was this distant fellow who cared about me, but only "interfered" when I desperately needed help or was in danger of jumping off the rails!  Theses past two years, He's shown me just how intimately involved He is and He wants to be in our lives.  And in this year in particular, He's proven that He sticks closer than a brother (that's so one of those verses I've heard all my life and yet only now truly understand it in the depths of my soul)!
  There was a time this year, just a few months ago actually, where I felt abandoned by EVERYONE and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!  And it wasn't that people particularly wrote me off or turned their backs on me, but everyone was busy with their own lives and issues and so there I sat, alone...with no where to turn...and feeling like even those who could find time to reach out, just weren't really understanding me.  So I would sit on my bed and journal and cry out to God, because He really was the only one I felt like I could turn to and find comfort in.  And what I found was that He is enough...at least for me...He is enough.
  Now I'm not saying I'm perfect or unhuman and I no longer need friends or people who just get me, or that I no longer find myself seeking acceptance and approval.  Cause the truth is, I think those are things I will probably struggle with for the rest of my life.  However, I've learned that the firmest foundation I will ever need is Jesus Christ and He is the solid rock on which I stand!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment