Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Birthday Thank you...

  Today's my birthday (Happy Birthday to me)! I must admit that I love my birthday!  It's that one day a year when all these people from near and far reach out and remind me that in some way I've made an impact on their life!  And maybe that makes me a little self-centered, but sometimes I just need that reminder.
  Lately I've really been missing home...not just the people, but things and activities.  Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy the work I am doing here, but there's just nothing like the comfort of being with FAMILY and FRIENDS.  I miss getting to grab a coffee at Panera, checking out a good book from the library, catching a movie with my mom, having a meal with friends, going to a rockcats game with my sister and nieces....and so many other things.
  But I guess the good thing that comes from missing all that, is the realization of how lucky I am to have the friends, family and experiences I have, and how much I should appreciate the good things in my life. I am so blessed... blessed beyond measure.  Some how, without even realizing it, I've walked straight into the Abundant Life that I've always longed for...and I am amazed!
  So thank you all for the birthday wishes, facebook comments, cards, emails, texts, etc.  This day would not be nearly as special as it is for me without all of you!  I appreciate you guys and am so thankful to have you in my life!  Thank you for blessing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment